Saturday, January 3, 2009

Celsius and Fahrenheit Trivia & Reality

Many, many moons ago, in a little town called Happy, I learned about Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature scales. We were taught how to convert from one to another, ( you know the divide by 9 multiply by 5 add 32, or was that subtract 32 then multiply......). It was a long time ago.

There is one thing that is simple to remember about the two scales. They both are equal at 40 degrees below zero. Brrrrr that sounds cold.

Well, if you were with me right now in Edmonton, Alberta, you could experience it with me. Yes, it is currently -40 degrees on both scales. And it is COLD!!!!


This is the window frame in my hotel room. The curtain is frozen to the frame. There are double curtains so my room is warm, but, it is definitely cold outside.


As we used to read on postcards sent from California or Florida..."Wish you were here!". Come on up we will chip some ice.
Blessings

1 comment: