Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Is Here!!!


Well if you are North of the equator this is officially winter season. Brrrr.

Having had the opportunity to be in Alaska, Canada, and Finland during winter through the years makes me appreciate living in a warmer climate. And now that I am acclimated the cold is even colder. I would rather mow the yard around Thanksgiving and put up Christmas decorations in t-shirts than wear parkas for months. I don't mind visiting the frozen tundra of Amarillo, Texas and parts north, but getting back down south is where I would rather be.

It is good some people want to live North of my latitude. I appreciated their choice. It is always interesting to see these 'natives of the north' out in shorts and t-shirts when the temperatures warm up just a few degrees no matter how cold it is.

Blessings, especially to anyone in the cold.

2 comments:

  1. Flying through... Read your thoughts on winter. Thought I'd leave some of my views here. Hope I am not trespassing.

    Agree with you whole heartedly. I was visiting my daughter in November in Toronto, on the occasion of being elevated to grand father status. Though officially it was still fall, the trees had already shed their leaves, and it snowed some 7 cms in the third week of November and continued. This year Canada has been hit by severe cold and snow, i hear. Like you, I also appreciate their choice, similarly blessings to anyone in the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all, come on by anytime. I welcome your thoughts. Congratulations on the new status, it can be exciting and humbling at the same time.

    ReplyDelete